Hello everyone,
I was thinking how we could utilize this blogging tool more efficiently. It's been hard to communicate with one another just to touch bases. Phone calls can be hard trying to get the right timing and not being able to talk for very long. And getting together even harder when we're all heading in different directions and not all on the same schedules. So what I'm planning to do is try to post a brief run down on Fridays as to how our week went, some of our highlights and some of our struggles. Personally I think it will help me keep track of what we are doing and if you have any input please feel free to comment. If you can post details about your week that would be great, I would love to hear about how your week went. On Sundays I will plan to post what we hope to accomplish, any outings or days we plan to go to the park in case you would like to join us.
Well with that said, lets make a fresh start with the beginning of a new week.
This week we are going to try to get through James Cook and Magellan. We are currently reading The Sea of the Trolls - a fiction story set in the Viking era.
We are planning to go to the park (the shaded baseball field park) on Tuesday and Thursday at about 12:30.
Thursday morning we will plan for the Archibald library.
Also I wanted to share a book I found on scholastic books - Explorers
Scholastic books have quite a few very useful resource books to use.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Just a Thought
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To get to the Scholastic site please click on the word "Explorer" on the post.
Areli, Great idea!
This week we are finishing up Cook and starting Coustoue. (Maybe I will know how to spell his name by the end of the week!) Idea for young kids: This week we did a rhyming bag. Anything we found that rhymed with Cook we put in a bag. Our last day of Cook we will take out all the objects and practice writing the words. We have also been keeping an acrostic poem of each explorer. As we go throughout the week we add to it as we learn something new. I am planning to make a poetry book with each of these poems at the end of the year.
Tanner was sick last week and now Hunter is sick. Any advice on how to be a good Homeschooling mom when your baby is miserable?
Great idea Melissa. I think we'll do that.
Hope Hunter feels better soon.
Post a Comment