CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rain Forest

This week we have been studying Orellana and the Amazon rain forest. I would like to get a "being there" experience for the rain forest. I know the Huntington library has a rain forest area that is really neat, although I remember it being a little pricey. Do you guys have any other ideas? We were thinking maybe going on Friday, or if there is another day that works better for everyone- we are flexible. I would like to do something like what we did for Lewis and Clark. Maybe the kids could each do a short presentation on their favorite Rain Forest animal? I am also planning to make a food that they eat in the Rain Forest or something that comes from the Rain Forest (Chocolate!!) Let me know what you think.

Also, did you see the article in the Nov. Friends magazine? Pres. Monson's article talked about Lewis and Clark and included a picture. We were pretty excited about that!

2 comments:

Areli said...

We are still working on Lewis and Clark.

At one time we were talking about going for lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe.

I may still do that if no one wants to do go. It's just that we may get to it later.

Melissa said...

Let's plan on doing the Arboretum on the free day which would be Tues, Nov. 18, if that works for everyone.