CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekly Review

Just an update of a couple of highlights (and a struggle or two) of our past homeschooling week. We have been trying to wrap up the last few details of our Lewis and Clark unit. We felt that there was so much more we could've done. Never the less, I think that we did do a lot and we learned a lot of many fascinating details. We are still trying to finish building a model of a keel boat. That project involved a lot of math skills practice.

Another thing we really enjoyed doing this week was making a lap book. The week before we read James and the Giant Peach and I wanted Eli to do some kind of report or project. A lap book was the answer thanks to Ximena who introduced them to us. I found tons of templates at Homeschool Share.

I have attached the link. It even shows video clips on how to make them. Great site and very helpful. Thank you Ximena!

Now as far as our struggles, we are just not finding enough time to do everything we want to do in a day. We are still trying to figure some kind of schedule. Hope everyone had better luck this last week.

This next week we plan to work on both the Amazon and Africa mainly focusing on the animals. I guess on Friday we will squeeze in some Thanksgiving history too. Busy week up ahead, it should be fun!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Areli, It sounds like you fitting a lot in! I don't think there is ever enough time to do everything! Just pick what Eli is most interested in and go with that!

As for us, we are finished with the Amazon and are really looking forward to our field trip on Tues.
We read the book "One Day in the Rain Forest" which was really good. It taught a lot of facts and focused on saving the Rain Forest (stewardship). We also put up a chart of sorts in our school room. At the top there is a picture of each continent and as we study that area, we put a picture of the animals discovered on that continent underneath. I wanted to put something up for our land unit (we had ships for the seas) and this is working very nicely.
We will start Africa on Wed, and of course make time for our Thanksgiving feast and play on Fri. The week of Thanksgiving we will focus on Pilgrims and Indians, and get back to Africa the following week.

Don't forget about our meeting on Tues night at my house, 7:30!!!

Bethany said...

I'm hooked! I'm also determined to make that creation lapbook -- I love it! Thanks for telling me about that.